Self-Care and Life at Home: Key Drivers for Consumer Trends in 2021
We’ve heard the term self-care tossed around a lot lately. Some of you might be asking, what actually IS self-care? This broad and all-encompassing term can be applied to many areas of our lives, including physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and financial well-being. There’s no one correct way to apply self-care to your life. Each of us uses a different approach to help ourselves in each of these areas to live a more balanced and positive life.
Studies show that trends in overall health and wellness have continued to grow, especially in the past 12 months. Recent studies revealed that the value of the of industry ballooned from $10 million in 2014 to an estimated $450 million in 2020. The steady growth of the last six years was further accelerated by the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, as life on- the-go gave way to life at home, and we all sought new ways to care for our mind, body and soul.
In fact, studies indicate that one-third of consumers increased their self-care behavior during the past year amid the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak. This growing trend includes shoppers of all generations and genders, with 44% of millennials and 57% of baby boomers noting that they practice self-care. Usage among Gen-Xer’s is also growing.
With such a robust category catering to such a large portion of the population, brands across multiple industries have an opportunity to gain market share, especially when their products lift the human spirit as we all grapple with intermittent quarantines and the monotony of our new lives at home.
Life during a global pandemic has caused a shift in trends that has turned consumer attention from luxury goods like jewelry and handbags to at-home essentials like fitness equipment and personal care items.
If you want to ensure that your rewards programs deliver the most desirable brands and products to your audience, you may want to check out the following brands offered through Rymax:
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit in 2020, at-home sales of stationary bikes grew even more popular as gyms were shut down and the need to burn off energy became greater than the need to burn calories. Usage rates are expected to remain elevated as fitness enthusiasts seek to lose holiday weight and gyms remain higher risk amid the ongoing pandemic. Some of our most popular fitness brands include:
- Echelon: Offering smart rowers and stationary bikes, Echelon delivers thousands of ways to workout from home with live & on-demand classes guided by pro instructors.
- Gaiam: For more than 25 years, Gaiam has been the #1 innovator of premium yoga mats, yoga props, yoga clothing, and yoga accessories, inspiring fitness and yoga DVDs.
- JayBird: JayBird works with professional runners and endurance athletes to develop ultra-comfortable, ultra-secure, wireless athletic earbuds that uses interchangeable components to offer a customizable fit for nearly any ear size. Durable, sweat- and weather-resistant, JayBird buds can survive high-intensity training, unexpected weather and the rigors of day-in, day-out use, all while offering an incredible sound.
- Solé Bikes: Whether cruising from the office to the beach, the coffee shop to campus, or just taking a lazy Saturday ride with friends, Solé believes that your bicycle is a vital accessory. It’s not about “going for a bike ride” but more so “living a life by bike”.
The number of users in the personal care category is expected to amount to 160.2m by 2025. Alongside medicines, this market segment also includes cosmetic, body care and hygiene products, nutritional as well as medical products for private use. Our breadth of personal care brands include:
- Aesop: Aesop delivers beloved formulations for the skin, hair, home and body all developed with sensory pleasure in mind.
- Ahava: Recharge, hydrate and illuminate your skin with Ahava’s active Dead Sea mineral skin care. All products are vegan and paraben-free.
- FOREO: FOREO is a wildly creative Swedish beauty–tech brand created to provide every beauty lover in the world with products that celebrate innovation, offering skincare and oral care devices for men and women.
- Kiehl’s: Kiehl’s luxury products help you discover healthy-looking skin with formulas powered by nature and science.
- L’Occitane: L’Occitane is an international retailer of body, face, fragrances and home products based in Manosque, France. It is synonymous with natural body care products and celebrates and preserves the traditions of Provence, France.
- Pai-Shau: Pai-Shau nourishes your body with tea-infused hair care products. Natural vitamins and antioxidants make tea leaves the perfect ingredient for beauty rituals, providing powerful purification and rejuvenation for hair, skin and scalp, courtesy of Mother Nature.
- Perricone MD: Perricone MD is a holistic, three-tier skincare and wellness system, consisting of diet, essential dietary supplements, and potent topical skincare solutions backed by powerful ingredients, cutting-edge research and extensive clinical and consumer studies.
- Philosophy: Philosophy is a well-being beauty brand that harnesses dermatological science and the power of nature to transform your skin. They inspire beautiful days with effortless scents, poetic words and a philanthropic initiative in support of mental health.
- PMD Beauty: PMD Beauty is a premier beauty company delivering smart skincare tools for soft, radiant skin for men and women.
For more trending product ideas and great brands offered through Rymax, please feel free to contact us.