TIPS FOR OVERCOMING FRIGHTENING EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT STATISTICS
Scared you might be dealing with employees that lack motivation and productivity? You’re probably not the only one!
This week we’re bringing you frightening but true statistics that may leave you a bit rattled! But as a special Halloween treat, we’re offering simple “tricks” that can help you boost employee engagement, increase retention, drive productivity and help you avoid becoming another scary statistic.
- Employees who feel their voice is heard at work are 4.6 times more likely to feel empowered to perform their best work. (Salesforce.com)
- Tip: Always acknowledge and thank team members for their ideas, suggestions and input. Regardless of whether their input is put into action, it’s important that they know their thoughts are welcomed and valued.
- A 10% improvement in employees’ connection with the company’s mission would result in a 12.7% reduction in safety incidents, an 8.1% decrease in turnover and a 4.4% increase in profitability. (Gallup)
- Tip: When an employee comes on board, make time to ensure he/she understands what the company’s purpose is and how they as an individual are contributing to the overall mission.
- 82% of employees agree they don’t think they’re recognized for their work as often as they deserve. (BambooHR)
- Tip: A simple good job, goes a long way! Even though daily schedules get crazy, it is important that employees are being recognized for their efforts and commitment.
- The churn rate of disengaged employees is 12 times higher than highly engaged employees over the period of a year. (Glint)
- Tip: When you find talented employees, hang onto them! Employees that are recognized for their efforts, frequently rewarded for their achievements and given feedback regularly from their managers are more likely to stick around!
- Also, keep your eyes and ears open! Employees will tell you what is important in their work and life. As an organization, it’s important for you to listen. Once you’ve absorbed that information, re-invest it in the relationship. Don’t just cast it aside.
- Be actively involved from the very top and continuously communicate the objectives and rewards so that employees are motivated to work smarter, reach their goals and achieve the recognition they crave.
- Disengaged employees cost organizations between $450 and $550 billion annually. (The Engagement Institute)
- Tip: Disengaged employees are less motivated, less productive, and less likely to stay with your organization. By incorporating a carefully-crafted employee recognition program into your organization, you will see a decrease in turnover and a reduction in HR costs. You’ll see a rise in management ascension, creating a strong core that delivers the expectations of an organization.
To obtain and retain top talent, create an appealing work environment where employees are treated as a resource, not a commodity. Contact us today to learn more.