Benefits of a Wellness Program
Building a sustainable company requires making investments in the present that will benefit us in the future. With the current economic landscape creating higher health care costs, employee wellness has become crucially important. So why implement a wellness program? Rymax Marketing Services Inc. explains four major benefits of a wellness program and why investing in your employees is imperative.
- Incentive to Succeed.
- Providing rewards and understanding what employees want are key to maximizing value in employer-sponsored health and well-being programs. In today’s world, the “one size fits all” mantra is no longer suitable. As the modern workplace continues to evolve and change, companies must learn and understand the varying needs, preferences and desires of different workforce segments. Products such as the Garmin Vivofit, Skullcandy headphones, and yoga mats from Gaiam can target different generations and individuals with different goals. Employers seeking to capture the loyalty of their diverse employees must always keep in mind the different expectations their multigenerational workers have, as well as the impact it will have on them physically, emotionally and financially. Incentives are very influential as they help employees to better themselves which in turn benefits the company.
- Healthy employee, healthy company.
- An employee’s health affects the organization’s health. Corporate wellness programs educate your employees and incentivize them to get their health back on track. Employees who exercise together or eat together will have a reason to gather beyond work and build meaningful, social relationships and goals. With a healthy workforce, employees will not only be more productive, show increased morale, and increased loyalty, but will generally be happier as well.
- Helps curb health care costs.
- For many corporations, health costs use up to 50% or more of their company profit. When employees are sick, it can lead to higher medical costs and a reduction in productivity at the office. When employees feel their employer is invested in their well-being, they have reason to stay with the company longer. Healthy employees results in lower health-care expenses for both the employee and employer. However, that’s not all that’s decreased. Health and well-being programs can help reduce the risk of heart disease, chronic disease, hypertension, and obesity. There’s also a decline in the overall health risks such as stroke, diabetes, depression, metabolic syndrome, different types of cancer, and arthritis. According to the World Health Organization, (WHO), Physical inactivity is the fourth leading risk factor for global mortality. Increasing levels of physical inactivity are seen worldwide.
- Employee satisfaction.
- Employees are the most valuable assets to any company. As mentioned earlier, healthy employees tend to be happier and more productive as well. The office culture and environment are powerful influences on behavior. With a wellness program, employers see a reduction of employee absenteeism and increased productivity.
Employee wellness is one of the most underrated, yet influential, aspects in an office. Too many companies do not prioritize their employee’s health and happiness, and as a result do not achieve their full potential. Introducing a wellness program creates incentives to succeed, healthier employees, lowers healthcare costs, and increases employee satisfaction. Rymax Marketing Services Inc. understands the possibilities an effective wellness program can have on a corporation. If you are looking to make a change for the better, contact Rymax today and let us help you get started on your journey to success!